Hi! My name is Alex Miller and I live in St. Louis. I work for Cognitect (formerly Relevance) doing Clojure work and generally making the Clojure community a better place.
In the past I’ve worked at MetaMatrix, BEA Systems, Terracotta, and Revelytix, primarily on Java- and Clojure-based software products.
Here are some things about me that are true:
- I like nachos.
- I write software, mostly in Java.
- I have a wife and three children that somehow put up with me.
- I have 2 dogs (and occasionally foster more).
- I play (in rapidly decreasing level of skill) the viola, piano, guitar, and kazoo.
- I think “This Must Be the Place (Naive Melody)” by the Talking Heads is really an excellent song and you should check it out. I prefer the version from Stop Making Sense.
- I started programming with Logo in the second grade and haven’t really stopped coding since.
- “The Big Lebowski” is one of my favorite movies. But that’s just, like, my opinion, man.
- I tend to alternate between reading technical books, non-fiction, and hard sci-fi or more often one of each at the same time.
- I’ve lived most of my life in St. Louis.